Re: AT&T and Other I.S.P.'s May Be Getting Ready to Filter

On Jan 13, 11:14 am, Moshe Goldfarb <brick.n.st...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 05:55:43 -0800 (PST), cc wrote:

> >> Yes, he does. It's connected by the erto-beamo-silver-boil-foil matter
> >> which feeds his tin foil antenna. (-25db).
>
> > I don't have a link handy, but AT&T did censor Pearl Jam's live
> > streaming concert from Lollapalooza. Lumping it together with digital
> > filtering is sort of misleading, since it was a dude at a control
> > board making the decision, not some filtering software (and lyrics
> > were definately not "INTERCEPTED"), but it was some unnecessary
> > censorship.
>
> That is a totally different matter.

Yup, but misinformation unfortunately comes often with Roy posts.

> Football games that are local are censored from local channels every
> weekend.

True, but AT&T(or the company handling the webcast for them, if you
believe their side of the story) left in curse words, and censored a
part about Bush only.

> Pearl Jam sucks anyway. Isn't not bathing for months at a time kind of an
> 80's, early 90's thing?

I'm going to have to disrespectfully disagree. Pearl Jam is a great
band, and one of the greatest live bands of all time.