Re: AT&T and Other I.S.P.'s May Be Getting Ready to Filter

On Jan 11, 11:21 pm, Hadron <hadronqu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Darth Chaos <DarthChaosofR...@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > COMMENT: Could this be used by Microsoft to force ISPs to ban all
> > Linux downloads by falsely claiming that Linux infringes on Windows?
>
> Almost Schestowitz'esque in it's blatant misrepresentation and all out
> ridiculousness.
>
> I applaud you.

It ain't just me saying it.
--------------------------------
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4110737&postcount=42

It doesn't actually have to be copywrited or pirated - the ISP just
needs a reasonable suspiicion, or just enough of a probable cause
(bogus or not) to avoid lawsuits.

...say, for example, a letter from the MS legal dept claiming Linux is
violating their patents.
http://www.mepislovers.org/forums/showpost.php?p=98941&postcount=6

This would probably mark the end of internet radio. It may also put an
end to downloading linux. Microsoft would probably love it if the ISPs
filtered out Linux downloads because Microsoft CLAIMS that it
infringes on patents.

I mean, where does this end? Will it only block PROVEN infringements
or PERCEIVED infringements?