Re: Another Example of Superior Performance in GNU/Linux

DFS wrote:

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>>> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/02/1751222
>>>
>>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/29/microsoft_vista_eula_analysis/
>>>
>>> http://gnu.org.in/pipermail/linuxers/Week-of-Mon-20021111/033147.html
>>>
>>> http://borsboards.com/archive/?view=28156
>>>
>>> http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2006/4/28/0851/56993

>>> Many more
>>>
>>> Care to lie more now, Erik Funkenbusch?
>>
>> You should really read what you link to.
>>
>> The benchmark restriction is on the .NET framework, not the OS.  Nor
>> would that benchmark restriction relate to an Apache Tomcat benchmark
>> using Java.
>>
>> There is no clause that prohibits bencharking of the OS, nor is there
>> a clause which would prohibit the authors of the benchmark being
>> referred to from running or publishing their results.
>>
>> Try again peter.
>
> 1. Kohlmann accuses EF of lying.
> 2. EF shuts down the Kohlmann fool with the facts.
> 3. The Kohlmann fool slinks away and, like always, refuses to admit he was
> wrong and apologize.
> 4. Another day in cola la-la land

http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2006/4/28/0851/56993

/quote
You may install and test any number of copies of the software on your
premises.
You may not test the software in a live operating environment unless
Microsoft permits you to do so under another agreement.
/unquote

This is about *WGA* and not NET

And what was so unclear about ... Many more...

I simply did not include the many pointers to MS EULAs with benchmark
restrictions. How many *several* *hundred* links do you need, DumbFullShit?
--
Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
        Let it get in YOUR way. The problem for your problem.