Re: [News] Mozilla Public Licence Might Get a Facelift Ahead of Firefox 3.0 Release

____/ [H]omer on Friday 11 January 2008 14:18 : \____

>> Mozilla Public License to be Updated?
>
> Let's hope they veer more towards the GPL and less towards the CDDL
> (based on the MPL and designed to be "deliberately GPL incompatible"[1],
> according to its author, Danese Cooper - previously of Sun, now Intel).
>
> [1]

http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/debian-meetings/2006/debconf6/theora-unscaled/2006-05-14/tower/OpenSolaris_Java_and_Debian-Simon_Phipps__Alvaro_Lopez_Ortega.ogg

The new CEO has proprietary baggage, but the userbase will have him pressured.
Besides, he's NAL (not a lawyer), so he probably isn't involved in this at
all.

In an Open world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates? -- ??
Tasks: 149 total,   1 running, 147 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie