Re: Bruce Perens Slams Microsoft for Attempts to Hijack OLPC

____/ chrisv on Friday 11 January 2008 15:07 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Of course, to suppress exposure of
>> Microsoft crimes, the typical troll (or the Bruce Byfield du jour)  will
>> try to convince you that it's all in vain. It's a tactic of diversion.
>
> Well, don't you know, that you're not supposed to rock the boat?  Don't
> you know that you're supposed to be a good little sheep?
>
> Just take your crappy PC with crappy Windwoes pre-installed, and surf the
> net as admin, and click willy-nilly on any whatever link or email
> attachment that piques your curiosity.  Save all your data in proprietary
> formats. Your once-fast PC now slow?  Buy a new one!
>
> Be like everybody else!  Look askance at the "zealots" whining about
> freedom of information and privacy.  Don't learn, put your faith in
> Micro$oft!
>
> What, me worry?

What worries me much more considerably are the smear campaigns I've been seeing
recently. RMS is targeted, OLPC people are targeted, and now even Sam from
iTWire seems to be targeted. They really want to stick labels to people's
foreheads. If you follow the traces, you either find that it comes from the
Seattle area (attacks on Stallman anyway) or from those who are known to be in
Microsoft's pocket.

Another interesting trend I've noticed recently is that Microsoft shills try
to 'evangelise' Linux distros like Xandros (and other 'tainted' ones). I
suppose that they wish to ensure that Microsoft can make money when Linux eats
its lunch and its supper. Be wary.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom
 16:05:01 up 32 days,  4:53,  4 users,  load average: 1.82, 1.70, 1.58