Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Embeds "Lie Patches" in Windows Vista

____/ [H]omer on Friday 11 January 2008 04:40 : \____

>> To a convicted criminal, lying is a business method rather than a
>> problem.
>
> There really needs to be some kind of ombudsman for the software
> industry, not just the DOJ or the EU commission, but an actual
> regulator that takes immediate remedies against violators.

Give Mr. Atlas a phonecall when he's done carrying Marocco on his back..

"Microsoft's distorted perception of the computing industry, and of the
world as a whole, is important because of a fact which Judge Jackson
came to realize but, all too soon, commented on: Any conduct remedy
which relies solely upon Microsoft's own ability to scrutinize,
admonish, and improve itself through its own means, will be treated by
Microsoft's executives with disrespect and contempt. It's like a
parent ordering his wayward son to shape up. The executives of
Microsoft are as unwilling to consider such an order as an adolescent
boy, bottled up in his room, is willing to remove his headphones and
listen to his dad for five seconds. They are likely to ignore such an
order altogether. I say this with the utmost respect: They don't give
a damn what you think."

                                --Scott M. Fulton, III

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
 11:05:01 up 31 days, 23:53,  4 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.78, 1.29