[News] PCLinuxOS PCs Sell for $150

The PCLinuxOS computer -- every damn thing you need for $150

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm ready to throw down $150 for this deal (plus $15 to boost the memory to
| 512 MB). There are a smattering of low-cost Linux PC deals out there, but
| this is absolutely the best. Better than Everex, better than the used stuff
| at Pacific Geek. Better than Mad Tux. Hell, better than anything. You even
| get an LCD monitor. The $150 doesn't include shipping, and I don't know how
| much that runs. But holy hell, it's cheap.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2008/01/the_pclinuxos_computer_every_d.html

Related:

A sleek introduction of $299 laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Asus Technology will unveil a $299 version of the Eee PC, a 2-pound
| laptop that stores data on flash memory, not a hard drive, and runs Linux,
| the open-source operating system, rather than Windows or the Mac OS.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/14/BU4QTSTAN.DTL

How will Linux win the OS wars? From the bottom up!

,----[ Quote ]
| So therefore, best way to win the war of the operating systems is not to go
| after the high end market.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=352

'Cloudbook' UMPC to Run Googleish Linux