[News] Compiz Fusion Has Mouse Gestures Support

  • Subject: [News] Compiz Fusion Has Mouse Gestures Support
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:59:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Compiz Fusion Community News for January 10 2008: A big Year!

,----[ Quote ]
| Mouse Gesturing
|
| Mousegestures allows you assign a mouse gesture to any plugin action that you
| want. As long as the action can be called by compiz (I.e., rotate_left_key,
| plugin: rotate would be a good one), you can call it by doing a series of
| mousegestures while holding down the button. You can have up to 32 different
| mouse movements per-gesture which can make up to just less than 8 billion
| gestures! It’s a little tricky to configure, but here is the run-down of how
| it works.
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/206/

Related:

Compiz is the Most Important Thing to Ever Happen to Linux.

,----[ Quote ]
| If the Linux community wants to wipe Windows and Mac out of the OS business
| all they need to do in focus all of their collective efforts on developing
| Compiz. With the combine intelligence of hundreds of thousands of nerds we
| could develop the most pimped out windows management system known to mankind.
| The kids don’t want stability, they want an OS w/ rims that spin.
`----

http://fffff.at/compiz-is-the-most-important-thing-to-ever-happen-to-linux

Autumn Plugin Compiz Fusion

,----[ Quote ]
| This is an adaptation of the "Snow" plugin which uses leaves instead of
| snowflakes. The major changes are added support for variable image rotation
| and more side-to-side movement.
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHLDtJXc8fg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w

Introducing the real 3D Compiz!

,----[ Quote ]
| Although I do not think that people would be wearing funny glasses all day
| long to work on their PC, possibilities this plugin presents are quite
| exciting for gamers and everyone wanting to show off the ‘real’ 3D desktop.
`----

http://dev.compiz-fusion.org/~cyberorg/2007/11/01/introducing-the-real-3d-compiz/
http://tinyurl.com/2vvqql

Episode III

,----[ Quote ]
| As a special treat, I present episode III of FusionCast. It's a no-talking
| episode, but it features Freescale, Shelf, and Freewins, and a few less known
| features of these three new(ish) plugins.
`----

http://fusioncast.blogspot.com/2007/12/episode-iii.html

Fear and Loathing in Cupertino

,----[ Quote ]