Re: [News] Microsoft's Hotmail Snubs Free Software, GNU/Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 26 January 2008 09:54 : \____

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/hotmail_doesnt_work_with_firefox_2

>>> Since anything up to 50% of people are using Firefox, Microsoft are
>>> essentially eliminating themselves from a massive potential userbase.
>>> Any normal company would never consider taking such short-sighted
>>> action.  Microsoft still seem to be chasing the "monopoly" dream, which
>>> I believe is now going to elude them forever.
>>
>> They lose $billions in their online division, IIRC. Microsoft is hurting and
>> the financial figures are a case of bluffing. I'll post something about this
>> shortly.
>>

> Sooner or later they will not be able to continue with share buy-backs,
> and the poor state of their businesses will start to become clear.  At
> that point, I expect that they will reorganise, so that it becomes
> impossible to determine what's really going on.

There are the dividends too. I posted about it in BN. They are bluffing like
there's no tomorrow. Several people are aware of this.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
roy      pts/4        cg093a.halls.man Mon Jan 28 02:01   still logged in