Re: if bridges were computers ..

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 27 January 2008 20:56 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Doug Mentohl spake thusly:
>
>> "Let us start by imagining that a new bridge is being built in your
>> area .. Along comes MegaCorp, who wants to build a bigger bridge, a
>> much bigger bridge than any attempted previously, a MegaBridge"
>>
>> "Time for inspection. But one problem -- the MegaBridge is so large
>> that it is impossible to carry out an inspection in the scheduled
>> time"
>
> No prizes for guessing that he's speaking analogously about OOXML.
>
> Frankly, no analogies are necessary. The corruption in the OOXML
> standardisation process is painfully transparent.

"We need the brigde NOW," they yell. Or to give a /REAL/ Microsoft quote: "it's
all just a matter of commercial interests."

I'm sure there are more briberies on the way and many more past ones that were
not properly documented.

Microsoft recently used the Burton Group puppet to hide (as in rewrite history)
the briberies.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
roy      pts/4        cg093a.halls.man Mon Jan 28 02:01   still logged in