Re: [News] Delta Airlines Offers GNU/Linux for Passengers Too

Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I know I've mentioned this before, but on the 777 you are likely to
>> find Linux up in the cockpit also.  Google on the Boeing EFB to learn
>> more.  :)
>
> That's interesting:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7194086.stm

Hmmmm. But as that article says nothing to indicate the accident
was at all related to the instrumentation software, I think it is
more likely Bill Gates was hiding in the luggage compartment
sabotaging the wiring.  The article supports that conclusion
just as readily.

I think it is a bit more likely that a general power failure is
hardware related, not software related.  That is particularly
true with how aerospace systems are designed.

Thad
all the ingredients on the label.