Re: [News] Delta Airlines Offers GNU/Linux for Passengers Too

* thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I know I've mentioned this before, but on the 777 you are likely to
>>> find Linux up in the cockpit also.  Google on the Boeing EFB to learn
>>> more.  :)
>>
>> That's interesting:
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7194086.stm
>
> Hmmmm. But as that article says nothing to indicate the accident
> was at all related to the instrumentation software, I think it is
> more likely Bill Gates was hiding in the luggage compartment
> sabotaging the wiring.  The article supports that conclusion
> just as readily.
>
> I think it is a bit more likely that a general power failure is
> hardware related, not software related.  That is particularly
> true with how aerospace systems are designed.

Both DFS and Hadron are complete idiots.

Hadron doesn't bother to google for "Boeing EFB" as you suggested, and
here it is:

   http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/aero_23/EFB_story.html

   This modular, integrated hardware and software package calculates
   performance figures, displays charts, improves taxi positional
   awareness, provides video flight deck entry surveillance, and allows
   electronic access to documents. A scaleable offering of three
   configurations -- portable, semiportable, and installed avionics
   -- provides airlines with flexibility in choosing their solution.
   The Electronic Flight Bag will help airlines reduce costs, improve
   taxiway and flight deck safety, and establish convenient access to
   digital documents.

And DFS, the poor dumb fucker, he makes a crack about Linux in response
to an article that doesn't mention it at all.

I think these two mahogany-heads should leave the trolling to
professionals.

--
Men rise from one ambition to another: first, they seek to secure themselves
against attack, and then they attack others.