Re: Gates & Gang (and [G|P]artner) Go to Europe to Lobby

____/ Doug Mentohl on Friday 25 January 2008 14:32 : \____

> On 25 Jan, 11:23, Mark Kent <mark.k...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>
>>> It is always a matter of perspective. Microsoft organizes a two day
>>> conference to discuss "Perspectives of Modernising Government" with
>>> European government representatives in Berlin, Germany. Bill Gates himself
>>> visits the forum. A side purpose is to lift up a standard analyst from
>>> Gartner and retired rent-a-politician on equal footings.
>
> "Require open standards, but think twice before committing to one
> only", Andrea di Maio Gartner
>
> Is it me or does anyone else find it strange you can use the word
> standard in the plural. LIke you can have a standard signaling system
> for traffic lights, only in comes in two flavours. Red/Amber/Green and
> an IP protected version that keeps changing with each 'upgrade'.
>
> "Move the debate ASAP from standards to price/performance",  Andrea di
> Maio Gartner
>
> Yea, what's good about a standard if you have only the one .. :)
>
> http://snipurl.com/1y7wl

http://www.bmi.bund.de/nn_122688/Internet/Content/Common/Anlagen/Themen/Europa__Internationales/Veranstaltungen/Vortrag_20Andrea_20Di_20Maio_20_28EN_29,templateId=raw,property=publicationFile.pdf/Vortrag%20Andrea%20Di%20Maio%2
(EN).pdf

> "Do formats Really Matter",   Andrea di Maio Gartner
>
> "By extending these protocols and developing new protocols, we can
> deny OSS projects entry into the market", Vinod Valloppillil,
> Microsoft
>
> http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~efh/L_news/OSS/halloween.html
> http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/servlets/Doc?id=27877
>
>> Keep posting it.  The more it is exposed, the more politicians will see that
>> associating with Microsoft corruption is bad for their careers.

Good finds. It's very well established by now that Gartner is a Partner (of
Microsoft). Bill Gates is their investor and Microsoft writes many cheques.
They speak out the same drivel, unsurprisingly.

As a matter of principle, I stay away from anything F&S/IDC/Gartner. These
people make a living out of shilling in a suit, usually lying very proudly to
help "clients accomplish business goals" (that's how they describe their
services). They also accompany Microsoft event to serve as
seemingly-independent parties.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
roy      pts/2        cg093a.halls.man Thu Jan 24 17:44   still logged in