[News] Java Developers Likely to Join Forces for Mobile Devices

  • Subject: [News] Java Developers Likely to Join Forces for Mobile Devices
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:55:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mobile app developer alliance pondered

,----[ Quote ]
| Do mobile application developers need to band together to tackle the tough
| issues facing them? Attendees at Sun's Java Mobile & Embedded Developer Days
| Conference in California on Thursday afternoon (Friday AEST) will briefly
| discuss this issue.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1353355106&rid=-50

Sun claims that it saw profits doubling. In reference to MySQL:

Proprietary take-over of open source a fairy tale

,----[ Quote ]
| If there’s one thing the Business Week and Forbes readers enjoy, before they
| snuggle into their warm beds in New Jersey and Connecticut, it’s a nice fairy
| tale.
|
| It’s always the same story. The little start-ups rise up, with really good
| ideas. But we buy some out, push others down, and it all ends happily for
| Wall Street. Ahhhhh! Now kiss-kiss and night-night.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1928

Old:

Europe exec confirms Google Phone

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this month, Simeon Simeonov of Polaris Venture Partners
| wrote in his blog that an inside source told him the Google Phone
| will be a BlackBerry-like device running C++ at the core with an
| operating system bootstrap and optimized Java and that it would
| offer voice over Internet Protocol.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10812_3-6167826.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
http://tinyurl.com/36x4du

Unstrung: The GOOG is Hiring for Hardware G Phone Managers

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techstartups.blogspot.com/2007/04/unstrung-goog-is-hiring-for-hardware-g.html
http://tinyurl.com/ysabj7