Re: [News] Nortel to Ditch Windows for GNU/Linux Desktops?

* Mark Kent peremptorily fired off this memo:

> The desktop is changing, though.  Mobility is the biggest driver for
> many of today's "office" workers. ...
>
> The market for PCs in the environment is not going to grow, instead,
> it'll shrink, ...
>
> People work in all kinds of remote locations and places.  Simple
> applications and easy connectivity are *far* more important than
> office suites with a billion options and a heavyweight back-end and
> gui.

It is my belief that Microsoft understands this, but has not gotten
their heads quite wrapped around it yet.

They will probably be able to preserve Windows bit longer by driving it
into the home media box.

--
Tardiness often robs us opportunity, and the dispatch of our forces.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli