Re: Federal Employment Office switches to Linux

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 23 January 2008 09:38 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 23 January 2008 08:57 : \____

>>> < snip >

>>> Roy, they are *not* MS cash cows.
>>> Novell has a net profit from that agreement with MS
>>>
>>> You might disagree with their stance, but fact is that companies thinking
>>> of using linux tend to think rather different about that matter. They
>>> prefer dealing with Novell precisely because they interoperate with MS
>>
>> Okay, I won't argue with you on this subject, but I *do* hope that you are
>> aware of the fact that  for each sale of SLED and SLES Microsoft *does*
>> get paid. The deal with Novell made it explicit that the payment is for
>> software patents, which are illegal in Germany.
>>

> Well, when will you start to be correct about that Novell/MS deal?
>
> Because that dribble above certainly is *not*

Well, then I'm glad I raised it because it is true. Which part of it do you
believe to be incorrect?

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #ff0000 Hot Chilli Peppers
 11:20:04 up 4 days, 21:00,  3 users,  load average: 1.90, 2.35, 2.44