Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Lies About IBM to Promote OOXML

____/ Linonut on Tuesday 22 January 2008 12:59 : \____

http://blogs.msdn.com/craig/archive/2008/01/19/ibm-and-google-support-for-open-xml.aspx

>    I have read a number of blogs posts and articles recently that
>    demonstrate the groundswell of support for the Office Open XML
>    formats. Most impressive in this list of course is support by both
>    Google and IBM (that's right -- I said IBM).
>
> and
>
>    According to Brian Jones it appears that Google is in fact now
>    effectively indexing Open XML files and in fact is also doing HTML
>    translation on them to allow users to view data directly in a
>    browser!
>
> I sure hope it works better than it does for DOC and PDF files.
>
> These guys are freakin' idiots.

I can just about read Dutch text, but I don't actually understand what the
words mean. But then again, by Microsoft's definition, I can speak Dutch.

>> Microsoft accused of more OOXML standards fiddling
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| However the 11 new countries are refusing to say how they will vote. These
>>| include Cote d'Ivoire, Cyprus, Ecuador, Jamaica, Lebanon, Malta, Pakistan,
>>| Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uruguay and Venezuela. Most people seem to
>>| think that these have been put there by Vole to make sure the standard gets
>>| pushed through.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=42106
>
> I think "Mole" is more appropriate.

The programme? I think Chimp would more appropriate although you can't
whack-a-chimp.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"