[News] CNET Does Very Weird Advocacy, GNU/Linux Rebuts

A Better Introduction to Linux User Interface

,----[ Quote ]
| Today I came across a nice article by cnet on Linux user interface. The
| article obviously was geared towards new users who might be interested in
| Linux. This is a welcome change where everyday more reputable blogs and
| technology websites are opening up to Linux and introducing it to their
| reader base, who otherwise probably would have never have known about linux
| or dared to try it out. For new users switching to Linux or even test-driving
| it has never been easier. But do we really think if we want to encourage new
| users towards linux, we can achieve it by showing an image of a Solitaire
| game and (oh my gosh!) a calculator?
|
| [...]
|
| If you thought Aero effects in Vista was nice and OSX has beautiful graphic
| effects (which they do), than Compiz Fusion effects on Linux Desktop
| environment will blow your mind. Linux has a place for the nerdy programmer
| and casual users.
`----

http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/07/09/a-better-introduction-to-linux-user-interface/

It's almost as though CNET wanted to do anti-advocacy. Watch his smug words. He
is a Mac user.

There's that 1% market share Big Lies out there at the moment. The source stats
(method and data) are bogus. If the Big Lie is repeated often enough, hardware
vendor might actually firmly believe it. But anyway. that's not of much
relevance to this CNET rubbish.

Yesterday:

Is Linux Getting the Shaft?

,----[ Quote ]
| The complexity of this problem is actually rather large. But I can tell you
| one thing: If you were my graduate student and you came to me with this
| sampling strategy, I'd send you back to kindergarten. (If I had that power.)
`----

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2008/07/is_linux_getting_the_shaft.php?utm_source=sbhomepage&utm_medium=link&utm_content=channellink

Last week:

EU: SUN and Novell to governments: there is plenty of Open Source support

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7694/469