Re: [News] CNET Does Very Weird Advocacy, GNU/Linux Rebuts

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, bbgruff
<bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:46:13 +0100
<6dn072F3dl38U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> | If you thought Aero effects in Vista was nice and OSX has beautiful
>> | graphic effects (which they do), than Compiz Fusion effects on Linux
>> | Desktop environment will blow your mind. Linux has a place for the nerdy
>> | programmer and casual users.
>> `----
>>

> http://www.linuxhaxor.net/2008/07/09/a-better-introduction-to-linux-user-interface/
>
> Just a minute!
> Where was the Linux bit on the video?

+1:31 in.  It starts off with the cube and some wobble
windows. ;-) It then plays with the icons for awhile.
Pointless but illustrative, and somewhat entertaining.

(I wonder where that lava background came from....
Looks vaguely UTish.)

At +4:10 the Win98 "new scanner" BSOD snippet starts.

> Even *I* know that Linux is difficult, has no GUI, and is all done from the
> CLI on a green monitor - so where *was* the Linux bit???????

The bit where the video became entertaining. ;)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Does anyone else remember the 1802?