Re: [News] [SOT] Crazy New Laws Against PC Repair Workers

On 2008-07-03, Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> Homer wrote:
>>
>>> New law says computer repair guys in Texas must also be licensed
>>> private investigators!!!
>>
>> From the state that made it illegal to take more than three sips of beer
>> while standing...
>>
>> Yes seriously.
>

> Around 1980 in Winnipeg pubs you weren't permitted to carry your beer
> from one table to another.  You had to get a waitress to do it for you.
>   Anybody know if it's still that way?

And people say the US lacks freedom??!?!?!? Where I come from they walk
around with it on the streets, and keep coolers full in the back seat,
and drive with it between their legs.

I don't know if it's true or not, but back when I was stationed in
Alamagordo New Mexico I was told by a guy who had been in Clovis, NM it
was still considered custom to have one in your hand when you left a
bar for a shootout. Unless, I suppose, one is reloading. Or maybe if it
went empty before somebody was killed.

--
VISTA: Volatile and Ineffective Solution That's an Abomination