[News] GNUzilla/IceCat 3 Released, Open Phones Coming Shortly

IceCat 3 Out With Extra Freedom

,----[ Quote ]
| IceCat 3, the latest version of the GNUzilla version of the popular Firefox
| browser has been released. The main advantage of Icecat is an ethical one
| according to its makers.
|
| “It is entirely free software. While the source code from the Mozilla project
| is free software, the binaries that they release include additional non-free
| software. Also, they distribute and recommend non-free software as plug-ins,”
| the GNUzilla team says.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2548

Openmoko Neo FreeRuner Mobile Phone available July 4th

,----[ Quote ]
| Openmoko has announced that its Neo FreeRunner mobile phone will be available
| for purchase on July 4. The phone uses GNU/Linux and comes with software for
| dialing, SMS and recording contacts. The handset will also receive updates
| over time that extends it functionality.
`----

http://www.i4u.com/article18660.html

Recent:

Need FF2 in Hardy? Try GNU’s IceCat.

,----[ Quote ]
| IceCat is “the GNU version of the Firefox browser.” Basically, the GNU guys
| took Mozilla’s code, and compiled it without using the “proprietary” parts,
| meaning the Logo and the name, among other things.
`----

http://www.ozymo.com/~chuck/blog/2008/04/18/need-ff2-in-hardy-try-gnus-icecat/

Related:

Firefox Set Free in IceWeasel

,----[ Quote ]
| One possible outcome is that Debian developers just rename Firefox to
| something else. Another possibility is that they just use GNU's
| IceWeasel.

Iceweasel released from its cage

,----[ Quote ]
`----