Re: [News] Enterprises Look for Someone to Blame, Misundertand Linux

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

> Or file a lawsuit, like the SFLC:
>
> http://thinkingopen.wordpress.com/2007/09/20/let-the-games-begin-sflc-files-first-ever-lawsuit-alleging-violation-of-the-gpl-in-the-us/
>
> I'm a little puzzled, as I have no trouble building BusyBox (using
> standard Gentoo emerge).  It is possible Gentoo is missing some of
> Monsoon's source.

Given that Gentoo is a source-based distro, it's a little hard for them
to violate the GPL, unlike Monsoon Multimedia.

Those "interpretations of parts of GPL" that Smith disingenuously
alludes to, are not "interpretations" at all, but are in fact clearly
stated in the body of the license itself:

[quote]
You may convey a covered work in object code form under the terms of
sections 4 and 5, provided that you also convey the machine-readable
Corresponding Source under the terms of this License
[/quote]

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 04:26:43 up 194 days,  1:02,  3 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.16, 0.17