Re: Web Censorship Starts in Land of the Fee ("War on Paedophiles" as Excuse)

____/ Rex Ballard on Saturday 19 July 2008 21:49 : \____

>   ellandroad.demon.co.uk comp.os.linux.advocacy:665519
> On Jul 19, 10:24 pm, Darth Chaos <DarthChaosofR...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Jul 19, 3:44 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> > Wait and watch. All that stuff is an open door for further expansion
>> > later. There are already some 'studies' about rise in 'unhealthy' content.
>> > Sadly, this neglects to account for the fake marketing blogs Microsoft
>> > sets up through the agencies it hires.
>
> This is beginning to look like a Microsoft propaganda war to try and
> shut down Google's YouTube using government censorship.

I cannot find (in less than half a minute) the citations I have in mind, but I
can say with 100% confidence that 1.5-2 years ago Microsoft actively
encouraged copyrights owners (video/music/text authors) to sue Google.

Of relevance (I have better refs somewhere):

Microsoft Befriends Google's Foes

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/06/microsoft-google-blodget-tech-cx_hb_0306blodget.html?partner=yahootix
http://tinyurl.com/3bewws

,----[ Quote ]
| To that point, Soapbox was littered with pirated videos. This put
| Microsoft in a pickle. The software giant was agreeing to distribute
| content for entertainment companies whose copyright was commonly
| violated at its video-sharing site.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9725064-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Switch to GNU/Linux. < http://www.getgnulinux.org/ >
 07:00:01 up 5 days, 20:27,  2 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.56, 0.67