Re: [Rival] Microsoft Profit ~$17 Billion last year. Will increase 15% to $19 Billion this year

* nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx peremptorily fired off this memo:

> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2007/09/09/microsoft%e2%80%99s-outrageous-office-profits/#more-272

And:

   With zero competition in the desktop PC operating system and
   productivity application markets, it's no wonder why Microsoft
   hasn't bothered to crank out any innovation in new versions of
   its products over the last half decade. It simply doesn't have
   to!

   Microsoft makes tens of billions of dollars every year selling
   intellectual property licensees without any competitive pressure from
   a functional market economy.

   It's no mystery why the record labels and studios desperately
   wanted Microsoft to set them up with the same sort of 'free
   money' pipeline policed by the extreme, unilateral,
   anti-consumer DRM of Windows Media.

   It says volumes that Microsoft's only competitor on the PC
   desktop is a non-profit volunteer effort. The company is so rich it
   can proudly operate above the law, as it documents in its earnings
   reports.

Ironic, ain't it?

--
"You are old," said the youth, "and your programs don't run,
	And there isn't one language you like;

"Since I never write programs," his father replied,
	"Every language looks equally bad;
Yet the people keep paying to read all my books
	And don't realize that they've been had."