Re: [News] Gone Are the Days of xorg.conf

Verily I say unto thee, that SomeBloke spake thusly:
> Ezekiel wrote:

>> Obviously you linux loons now believe that a configuration database
>> (ie "Registry") is now a good idea since linux is now doing the
>> same thing as Windows did over a decade ago.

You seem to be confusing Linux with AMD, who are the one's providing
this new X configuration method.

I don't see anything in the OP, or anywhere else, that suggests anyone
on COLA favours such a system ... other than your conjecture, of course.

Personally I'm not in favour, primarily because it's non-standard, but
then I don't really have to worry about it since I use the Free radeon
driver. Proprietary Linux driver vendors can do whatever they like with
their own software, it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Apparently it interests you for some reason though.

> You have no idea have you?

He doesn't need one to do his job as a paid Munchkin, he just needs to
make a lot of noise.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
| armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
| neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
| technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams

 02:36:29 up 208 days, 23:12,  3 users,  load average: 1.13, 0.85, 0.61