Re: [News] Gone Are the Days of xorg.conf

* SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Ezekiel wrote:
>
>> - "With the fglrx Linux driver,  ATI/AMD has developed the AMDPCSDB, or
>> the AMD Persistent Configuration Store Data-Base. The AMDPCSDB, which is
>> somewhat modeled after the Windows registry, is their proprietary
>> replacement for managing all persistent display/graphics-related options."
>>
>> Obviously you linux loons now believe that a configuration database (ie
>> "Registry") is now a good idea since linux is now doing the same thing as
>> Windows did over a decade ago.

Hell, no, Zeke!  It's an even dumber idea when applied to driver
settings!

Those proprietary bastards just generally /don't get it/.

> You have no idea have you?

Of course not.  He's a troll.

--
TCP/IP Slang Glossary, #1:

Gong, n: Medieval term for privy, or what pased for them in that era.
Today used whimsically to describe the aftermath of a bogon attack. Think
of our community as the Galapagos of the English language.

"Vogons may read you bad poetry, but bogons make you study obsolete RFCs."
		-- Dave Mills