Re: [News] [Rival] Attacks on Windows to Increase

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Homer
<usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 05:38:23 +0100
<0ja0l5-e1a.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
>
>> I'll admit to some curiosity as to how Java and Firefox interact on
>> Windows.  On IE, Java is an ActiveX control, that much I know.
>
> The old method:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/oji
>
> The new method:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/blackwood/overview.html

Hm...interesting.  OK, now I'm wondering if ActiveX gets
involved with non-Java plugins on Windows...clearly it's
not an issue for Java anymore (if it ever was).  Of course
part of this is simply because Mozilla Firefox was designed
for more platforms than ActiveX runs on. ;-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #10239993:
char * f(char *p) {char *q = malloc(strlen(p)); strcpy(q,p); return q; }