[News] Holland Gets Very Large GNU/Linux Supercomputer

IBM Sells 60 Teraflops Power6-Linux Super in Holland

,----[ Quote ]
| Server maker IBM has spent more than a decade taking on the supercomputer
| market, and has become one of the big dogs, if not the big dog, when it comes
| to building different styles of high performance computer clusters. Last
| week, the company announced its first big Power6-based Power 575
| supercomputer running Linux, nicknamed Huygens after the famous Dutch
| scientist, which was sold to SARA Computing and Networking, the national
| supercomputing network built and managed by the national government in The
| Netherlands.
`----

http://www.itjungle.com/tlb/tlb071508-story02.html

Still chasing the elusive 95% market share (still at ~92%).

Recent:

Linux still super in Top500

,----[ Quote ]
| In the June 2008 Top500 list, Linux still lives large with a role in 92% of
| systems (It is the only OS for 85.4%, but when considering all distributions
| (SUSE, Red Hat, CentOS, and general ‘Linux,’ as well as mixed uses that
| include Linux, I figure the share is more like the 92%).
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/06/26/linux-still-super-in-top500/

Debian GNU/Linux powers Max Planck Institute 32.8 TFlops supercomputer

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://times.debian.net/1250-Debian-32.8-TFlops-at-Max-Planck-Institute