Re: US Patent Syetem Slammed in the Wall Street Journal

> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> IBM enforces its patents.
>
> Which open-source outfit have they enforced them against?

Obviously Smith has difficulty understanding the word "threat".

How many patents has IBM claimed that Linux "infringes"?

How many Linux vendors has IBM "persuaded" to join a protection racket?

How many Linux vendors has IBM sabotaged by bribing Nigerians to wipe
Linux from laptops and replace it with Windows?

Like I said, Microsoft is clearly a threat, IBM is not.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
| armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
| neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
| technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams

 05:45:16 up 208 days,  2:20,  4 users,  load average: 0.54, 0.54, 0.66