Re: [Rival] Microsoft Windows Hijacked Within Just Minutes

Verily I say unto thee, that Rex Ballard spake thusly:

> Several of our COLA posters show uptimes of several months.  The
> uptime counter recycles to zero after something like 481 days.

It was actually 497 days, and that bug was fixed in 2.4.19-pre8:

http://lwn.net/2002/0509/a/jiffies-2.php3

A longer discussion:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1216181863299+28353475&threadId=1189853

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
| armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
| neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
| technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams

 05:24:19 up 208 days,  1:59,  4 users,  load average: 0.28, 1.43, 1.28