Re: [News] [Rival] Latest iPhone Cracked

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

> It is naive, however, to think that these characteristics (good or
> bad) apply only to Microsoft; to some extent, we have similar issues
> with various media labels.

Well collectively the media industry has a whole shedload more "IP"
to "protect" than Microsoft, so certainly they're bigger players in
the game (and the obvious pressure exerted by the media magnates on
Microsoft to "lock-down" the Desktop, with DRM and PMP for example,
is brazenly apparent. Indeed this appears to have been the /actual/
impetus for HD-formats, rather than any actual desire to evolve the
state of the art (Jon Johansen spoiled the /first/ party). But then
HD-DVD was not to be, and even Blu-Ray has been well and truly torn
to pieces by Johansen wannabes.  Even the infallible BD+ fell after
only eight months:

[/quote]
"In July 2007, Richard Doherty of the Envisioneering Group (BD+
Standards Board) declared: 'BD+, unlike AACS which suffered a partial
hack last year, won't likely be breached for 10 years.' Only eight
months have passed since that bold statement, and Slysoft has done it
again. According to the press release, the latest version of their
flagship product AnyDVD HD can automatically remove BD+ protection and
allows you to back-up any Blu-ray title on the market."
[/quote]

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/21/1241234

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 03:35:33 up 204 days, 11 min,  4 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.12, 0.13