Re: New GNU/Linux Users, Including ZDNet Journalist

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:50:57 -0700 (PDT)
<84c415b2-6d2f-4645-84c3-0dd3f00feb2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Jul 31, 1:45 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Picking a Penguin
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I?m glad that I found PCLOS, because it?s definitely been
>> | worth using to me.  Both machines I have it on are set to
>> | dual boot either it or Windows, but I find myself booting
>> | to Windows less and less as PCLOS is just so much more efficient.
>> | I know I?ll find gripes as I keep messing with it, but for now
>> | I?m completely happy with it.
>> `----
>
> But that can't be.  DFS says Linux has to crash in 3 minutes.  Or is
> it 15 minutes?

Wow.  I must have configured my laptop wrong.  It usually stays
up the entire day.  I also have desktops that can stay up weeks,
if not months.

> Using Windows less and less?  According to DFS, they
> all go back to Windows and never even look at Linux again.   The
> author must be accepting bribes, from, well, you know, Penguin
> Monopoly or whoever it is that is paying all the Linux advocates here.

And here I thought it was the Bavarian Illuminati. ;-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
/dev/signature/pedantry: Resource temporarily unavailable