[News] Maori Dictionary Becomes Free Software; New Open Source Video Game Dev Engine

  • Subject: [News] Maori Dictionary Becomes Free Software; New Open Source Video Game Dev Engine
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:02:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open source online Maori dictionary launched

,----[ Quote ]
| The free and open software system is distributed under the GPL version 2
| licence, and is registered with Sourceforge. It is built on the Linux
| platform, running Debian, and uses Postgres and the Catalyst web framework.
| The system can run on “ancient hardware” and cost of ownership is near
| nothing, says Moskovitz.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/DC86611A0D4E000ECC2574940004CB76

Signature Devices, Inc. Launches Open Source Video Game Development Engine

,----[ Quote ]
| Signature Devices, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: SDVI) is pleased to announce that the
| Company's open source video game development platform, the Elemental Engine
| II, is now available for download. Signature Devices will be showcasing the
| Elemental Engine II on the the company's social networking site
| (www.phatyaffle.com). Signature Devices initially unveiled the platform in
| San Fransisco, CA, at this year's Game Developers Conference in February.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0420378.htm

"I don’t understand how IE is going to win. The current path is simply to copy
everything that Netscape does packaging and product wise."

                                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft

Recent:

Fiji's fury over Microsoft's Pacific solution

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.smh.com.au/news/biztech/fijis-fury-over-microsofts-pacific-solution/2008/06/27/1214472744065.html