Re: ASUS Loses by Surrendering to Microsoft Pressure

On Jul 28, 10:24 pm, "Moshe Goldfarb." <brick_n_st...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:20:36 -0700 (PDT), Rex Ballard wrote:
>
> > Actually, Microsoft's pressure back-fired.  When Microsoft first tried
> > to get XP Home edition for the EEE to store shelves, they expected 60%
> > of the sales to be Windows versions, and 40% to be Vista versions.
>
> Which is why BestBuy, at last check, no longer carries the Linux version.

I never saw the Linux version OR the XP version, but J&R in NYC still
had the Linux version on display.  When I observed the other shoppers,
for about 45 minutes, the seemed to prefer the Linux version.  Partly
because it was new and different, partly because they actually did
like OpenOffice and they found that they really could type on it.

> You Linux loons need to exit the Holodeck once in a while and come out into
> the real world.....

You think Microsoft is the "real world"?

No THAT'S AMUSING.
ROFLMAO