[News] New Linux Kernel and Foresight 2.0.4 GNU/Linux Released

Linux 2.6.25.12

,----[ Quote ]
| We (the -stable team) are announcing the release of the 2.6.25.12
| kernel.
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/7/24/318

[Foresight 2.0.4]

,----[ Quote ]
| Foresight GNOME Edition features the GNOME desktop environment, created and
| maintained by The GNOME Project, as the interface for Foresight Linux. Thanks
| to dedicated teams within The GNOME Project, GNOME provides usability,
| accessibility, and freedom focused on creating software that is easy and
| enjoyable for everyone to use. Taking advantage of its rolling releases,
| Foresight can promptly release an updated GNOME edition each time GNOME has a
| new release, making Foresight the top choice when demonstrating the latest
| GNOME.
`----

http://www.foresightlinux.org/gnome-lite.html

Recent:

Foresight Linux Review

,----[ Quote ]
| GIMP is installed, but it’s not added into the Graphics menu. I wonder if
| it’ll be there if I reboot? I did run it from the command line and that
| worked. This is soemthing they definitely need to fix if they want to be the
| easy to use distro.  After I rebooted, it was in the menu.
|
| Overall, the distro does a very nice job of picking a small amount of
| programs to have installed as the default.  It’s weird that they didn’t have
| The GIMP installed by default, but no biggie there.  It IS bad that it wasn’t
| in the menu as soon as being installed.  It’s nice to be able to upgrade to
| the latest Gnome without having to install a whole new version of the distro.
| I don’t see anything special about it make it appeal to new users that
| doesn’t also apply to Ubuntu or any of these others.  I’ll keep an eye on
| Foresight in the future, but nothing necessarily pulls me to it right now.
`----

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/blog/2008/06/03/foresight-linux-review/

Related:

Foresight KDE Alpha-Alpha-Pre-Alpha-Pre Screenshot

,----[ Quote ]
| Plans are to build a 3.5.9 Stable version and wait until 4.1 is released to
| push out a 4.1 version.
`----

http://linux-blog.org/index.php?/archives/258-Foresight-KDE-Alpha-Alpha-Pre-Alpha-Pre-Screenshot.html

NEWS: Foresight Linux 2.0 Released