Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Blamed for SSD Problem

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> If your SSD sucks, blame Vista, says SSD vendor
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | It's Windows Vista's fault that solid-state storage isn't performing as
> | well as its proponents predicted. So said SanDisk CEO Eli Harari, but at
> | least he didn't go as far as saying it's Microsoft's problem to fix.
> `----
>
> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/07/22/sandisk_ssd_vista_beef/

Haven't bought my SSD at the moment - they are like gold dust, but
I didn't think SSD could be run under the WINDUMMY OSen?!

It will have killed the drive!!

Under Linux, need to use the EXT2 filesystem as far as I remember
from research to avoid the same problems.