Re: [News] Windows Miles Behind GNU/Linux in Deployment

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Why windows why??
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Why does windows make it so difficult to transfer settings? Why does
> | windows go out of its way to be incompatible with itself? Why is windows
> | purposely designed to make our lives a nightmare? Why can't I take a
> | windows hard disk out of one machine and put it in another and have it
> | work? Why can't I use windows own files and settings transfer wizard to
> | transfer accounts from one computer to another without it wanting the
> | original cd or a bunch of floppies for the wizard program? Why has not
> | microsoft fixed up these problems since the days of dos? Why does
> | microsoft go on about windows compatibility when its own programs fail?
> | Why windows why?
> |
> | Several scenarios. Persons hardware needs to be upgraded. Simple right?
> | Take the guys hard disk, shove it in the new box and re-register (why do
> | we always have to register windows why?). Of course we will have to load
> | up new drivers and reboot a few times but it's windows right? No go Joe!
> | The fscking thing won't even boot up!!! I cant even get into safe mode.
> `----
>
> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/why-windows-why-26125

This is exactly what management now experience taking days out of their
life with bigger hard disks and more data.
Those with Linux knowledge have no such problems and if they had their
way and put their mind to it, they would start tearing out WINDUMMY PCs
left right and center and focus on Open Office, Linux and virtualbox
to do all their mission critical work.