[News] Windows Miles Behind GNU/Linux in Deployment

Why windows why??

,----[ Quote ]
| Why does windows make it so difficult to transfer settings? Why does windows
| go out of its way to be incompatible with itself? Why is windows purposely
| designed to make our lives a nightmare? Why can't I take a windows hard disk
| out of one machine and put it in another and have it work? Why can't I use
| windows own files and settings transfer wizard to transfer accounts from one
| computer to another without it wanting the original cd or a bunch of floppies
| for the wizard program? Why has not microsoft fixed up these problems since
| the days of dos? Why does microsoft go on about windows compatibility when
| its own programs fail? Why windows why?
|
| Several scenarios. Persons hardware needs to be upgraded. Simple right? Take
| the guys hard disk, shove it in the new box and re-register (why do we always
| have to register windows why?). Of course we will have to load up new drivers
| and reboot a few times but it's windows right? No go Joe! The fscking thing
| won't even boot up!!! I cant even get into safe mode.
`----

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/locutus/why-windows-why-26125

Again...

Windows: when your time is not valuable. Setting up machines the hard way due
to technical (some artificial) limitations.

Related:

Automated License Systems Deploys Levanta’s Intrepid X

,----[ Quote ]
| “As Linux becomes more prevalent in enterprise data centers, it is crucial to
| have management solutions that are designed specifically to address the
| unique challenges associated with Linux,” said Anil Uberoi, chief marketing
| officer at Levanta.

BitNami Adds Modules

,----[ Quote ]

`----