Re: [News] Linux Visual Effects Surpass Competition

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Tuesday 22 July 2008 17:35 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS
> <nospam@xxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Mon, 21 Jul 2008 22:37:56 -0400
> <0Hbhk.5224$dP6.3040@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Compiz is the Most Important Thing to Ever Happen to Linux.
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://fffff.at/compiz-is-the-most-important-thing-to-ever-happen-to-linux
>>

>> I highly recommend you follow this advice, Linux nerds.  Spend all your time
>> creating flaming windows and spinning cubes - show 'em what Linux is all
>> about.
>>

> You are confused.  Eye candy is not what a computer is for
> (though the occasional game is enjoyable, certainly).
> That's why Windows is so popular; people feel they can do
> things with it -- including games.  (When it's functioning,
> anyway.)
>
> And of course Windows is now the default solution in our
> technological society, with a huge head start.  To overcome
> that head start will require quite a fair amount of work,
> though an old Aesop's Fable comes to mind; the Microsoft
> Rabbit(tm) had better not be asleep, dreaming of stop screens... ;-)

Compiz improves my productivity. If the trolls don't believe it, then they can
also call the grapes "sour", too. Why should Linux users care what the
Microsoft Munchkins say?

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"