Re: [News] Dell Buys Binary Blobs for GNU/Linux PCs

On 2008-07-21, The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb.
><brick_n_straw@xxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:24:12 -0400
><1u5tthl10wn5c$.10keqd1xe5tsf$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> So the infection begins:
>>
>> No.
>> The ability of people to play music and view videos LEGALLY without having
>> to resort to clandestine tactics bordering on theft has finally arrived in
>> the Linux world.

Nope. We already had that.

You could "buy" codecs for Linux before Dell ever thought to ship a Linux
product. In the day, you could also buy CDE, X and GL but that didn't
go over too well.

You will have to explain to us how you can steal something that's given
away freely and without cost...

[deletia]

It's not exactly like we are swapping the latest revision of Sim
or Civ or Star/Warcraft here...

--
	Sure, I could use iTunes even under Linux. However, I have       |||
better things to do with my time than deal with how iTunes doesn't      / | \