Re: [News] UMPC Processors Become GNU/Linux Servers

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Intel UMPC chip enters service as server CPU
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Yes, we're talking Intel's Atom, specifically the 1.6GHz 230, which
> | Bytemark's now using as the basis for what it claimed were its
> | lowest-cost dedicated Linux-running servers yet.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/21/atom_enters_service_as_server/

Cool... I'm too tired to google this very deep... anyone know how the
compares, performance wise" to the AMD chip mentioned in the article?

If it performs well enough, it ought to make a nice, lowcost cluster.

--

Jerry McBride (jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx)