Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

____/ bbgruff on Monday 21 July 2008 19:25 : \____

> Sinister Midget wrote:
>
>> On 2008-07-21, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>>>
>>> ____/ bbgruff on Monday 21 July 2008 15:02 : \____

>>> They'll deliver over 12 million motherboards with GNU/Linux integrated in
>>> the coming year, IIRC. And no... Windows fans cannot delete Linux. It's
>>> there as 'part of the hardware'. :-)
>>
>> Winders has been dead for a number of years. It even smells dead. Also
>> been that way for a number of years.
>>
>> Windummies, and the leech press that makes their money off of keeping
>> the mirage alive, may not have noticed before now. But they're seeing
>> more and more that it's undeniable.
>>
>> That has a lot to do with why Doofie and his ilk have gone from sitting
>> on the edge of sanity to full-blown cuckoo.
>
> You've noticed the change over the past few months?
>
> Don't worry about it - it will all change again.
>
> I could almost write their lines for them (in the not-too-distant future):-
>
> flatty:  "I don't know what you mean - I was always a strong advocate of
> Linux, and PClinuxOS in particular.  Check it out in google!"
>
> DFS:  "I don't know what you mean - the only thing that I ever did was to try
> to curb the more-extreme Linux zealots.  I've been using Linux for years.
>
> Quirky:  I was always a Linux advocate, ever since my days at CERN and IBM,
> and as befits a kernel hacker and FOSS developer.
>
> TAB:  I have loved Linux ever since I helped a law firm to convert to it.  I
> have only ever ranted about the unhelpful attitude of certain members of this
> group.

I can almost visualise it. 4 chaps with bottles of rum sitting around a fiery
barrel in the streets after Microsoft had given them the pink slip.

There's a clear rise in anti-Linux sites, so sit tight. Microsoft is getting
more aggressive as a function of anxiety (for itself and its ecosystem that
gradually slips away).

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
Tasks: 140 total,   2 running, 138 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie