Re: [News] [OT] UK Government Pulls a Newham-Microsoft

> ID Cards: Scandalous as Well as Idiotic
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| In other words, the UK government is trying to use a kind of financial
>| blackmail to keep its idiotic projects going: continue or cough up. And to
>| add insult to injury, it cloaks its activities in secrecy. What a morally
>| corrupt bunch.
> `----
>
> http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/05/id-cards-scandalous-as-well-as-idiotic.html
>
> Sounds exactly like what we've found in Microsoft.

Nobody who understands anything about ID systems regards this as
anything but an insane waste of money coupled with a total intrusion
into personal privacy.

Once the database is hacked, it'll provide a wealth of information for
the actual criminals.  You know, the ones with the faked ID.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |