Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Wants Imitate Google, but with Windows ME2

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Gates threatens to buy millions and millions of servers for Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| See what we mean about the thud? Here's Gates giving his long goodbye and | basically outlining what Google has been up to for years. | | We may be underplaying the customization work that Microsoft already has | underway, but we doubt it. The company buys its gear from the Tier 1 set and | Rackable Systems. It's pretty well locked into the old model, while Google | has managed to turn Intel of all companies into a custom design house, with | the chip maker crafting bespoke motherboards. Google's also building its own | switches and doing unspeakable things with disks. `----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/04/microsoft_datacenter_millions/

Who in their right mind would outsource their email systems to M$? From privacy issues to lock in to possible price-gouging to the possiblity of malware running rampant through these data centers, you'd have to be outta yer freakin mind!