Re: [News] [Rival] Open Letter Shows the 'Microsoft Mafia' Bullying Professors, Universities

DFS wrote:

> chrisv wrote:
>
>> The Indians probably thought that they had colonization defeated when
>> they got the British out.  Now here comes Micro$haft.
>
> Thank God for MS and Windows.  They singlehandedly created a huge,
> thriving Indian IT industry.
>
> Now free Linux crapware is trying its best to RUIN it.

Actually, the majority of Indians, that I have worked with, were trained
using Linux and have about half and half Linux and Windows work experience.
It is companies like Motorola, HP and IBM that did a lot of the early
outsourcing to India. A large amount of this work was NOT on Windows.

Since independence, India has worked very hard at not being colonized again.
The Indians don't take kindly to being pushed to do anything. I believe
that Microsoft have made a lot of enemies in India through their OOXML push
and that all for a standard that they don't even use.

What really saddens me about this whole affair is the willingness of
professionals to sell out good scientific and engineering practice just to
appease some large corporation. This does not bode well for the planet as a
whole and is a real wake up call for the computer industry. Unfortunately,
seeing how governments around the world have now shown how willing they are
to sell out the best interest of their own countries, it is more of a wake
up and die call.

Ian