[News] [Rival] New Egg-Throwing (at Steve Ballmer) Web Site Contains Games

| Life as a CEO is not easy. Especially when your company is Microsoft.
| Last week Steve Ballmer was egged by an angry student during a speech at a
| Hungarian University. Ballmer showed great reflexes and dodged the attack,
| hiding behind the desk.
`----

http://www.egg-attack.com/

Related:

Steve Ballmer Gets the Egg-Treatment in Budapest

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mtBQ4UCXQeo

Steve Ballmer Receives the Egg-treatment in Budapest

,----[ Quote ]
| Update#2: OK, enough of the fun part. As the story circulates people start
| wondering what may be the background, and since the only sources are in
| Hungarian, here’s a summary of the circumstances:
|
|     A Hungarian Government bid, worth $25B Hungarian Forints, roughly $157M
|     was allegedly skewed towards MS. (A ‘competitive’ bid with wording that
|     all but ensures only Microsoft meets the requirements.) A Hungarian
|     Watchdog Body (sort of like the FTC in the US) challenged the bidding
|     process via the Court system, and a trial date was set for today. The
|     trial was suddenly and unexpectedly rescheduled just as Ballmer arrived
|     in Budapest. So there may be a perception of the Bully lobbying there.
`----

http://www.zoliblog.com/2008/05/19/steve-ballmer-receives-the-egg-treatment-in-budapest/

MSOOXML: What Happened in Hungary

,----[ Quote ]
| If you can't do the math, I think the bottom line is, it's looking like
| Microsoft won't let the world say no to OOXML. It couldn't ram it through the
| usual process, with the folks who understand the tech, even with some very
| odd technical committee chairperson goings on. This is the standard that
| couldn't win on merit, in short.

Microsoft Office raid in Hungary

,----[ Quote ]
`----