[News] New Version of the GNU Image Manipulation Program Released

GIMP 2.5.1 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| GIMP 2.5.1 is another snapshot from the 2.5 development series. It gives
| developers and interested users a view into the current development towards
| GIMP 2.6.
|
| Changes in GIMP 2.5.1
| =====================
|
| - further improvements to the status bar
| - made the center point of rectangles snap to the grid and rulers
| - improved Alpha to Logo filters
| - better cursor feedback in the Intelligent Scissors tool
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/27750

Recent:

Developer Preview Shows Off the GIMP's New Look

,----[ Quote ]
| In the GIMP release cycle odd numbered releases are unstable, so this
| version, 2.5.0, is the first of a series of developer releases, and version
| 2.6.0 will mark the first stable release with the new features. We’ll be sure
| to let you know when that’s available.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/04/developer-previ.html

First Look: The GIMP 2.5.0

| The GIMP team announced today the first release from the 2.5 development
| series. It is true that this version is unstable, but a little bird told me
| to give it a try and see what's it capable of. First of all, let me tell you
| that its interface is quite redesigned and I think that some users will have
| problems adjusting with it, but that's just my two cents. On the other hand,
| version 2.5.0 of The GIMP includes some hot new features, like the
| integration of GEGL (Generic Graphics Library) which will finally get support
| for higher color depths, more colorspaces and eventually non-destructive
| editing.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Look-The-GIMP-2-5-0-83090.shtml

Related: