[News] Important Release of Zikula (GPL), Boy Scouts of America Might Spoil "Open Source"

  • Subject: [News] Important Release of Zikula (GPL), Boy Scouts of America Might Spoil "Open Source"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:34:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Announcing the Release of Zikula 1.0.0

,----[ Quote ]
| It is my pleasure, at this time of great change in the Zikula project, to
| announce the immediate availability of Zikula 1.0, codename adam_baum. This
| release is the culmination of years of hard work by everyone involved in the
| project, past and present, and brings Zikula to the forefront of the Web
| Application sector.
`----

http://community.zikula.org/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2915

Boy Scouts of America to fix self-serving open source

,----[ Quote ]
| So apparently the Boy Scouts of America are all Gun Ho about open source.
| Computer World explains us that they have launch their BSA Open Source
| Initiative.
|
| [...]
|
| Since a recent experience with Microsoft got me worried about people using
| terms out of context, I thought I'd browse through the open source BSA site
| to find out more. Especially worth reading (and source from most of the
| quotes) are the pages named classroom and history.
`----

http://blog.milkingthegnu.org/2008/06/so-apparently-the-boy-scouts-of-america-are-all-gun-ho-about-open-source-computer-world-even-explains-us-that-they-haven-lau.html

Recent:

Boy Scouts of America look to open-source community for help

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=software&articleId=9095238&taxonomyId=18&intsrc=kc_top
http://tinyurl.com/582mno