[News] New Release Candidate of Linux 2.6.26 is Released

Linux 2.6.26-rc6

,----[ Quote ]
| I'd like to say that the diffs are shrinking and things are calming down,
| but I'd be lying. Another week, another -rc, and I another 350 commits.
| Yes, the diff is smaller than the one from rc4 to rc5 (despite having more
| commits), so we're on the right trajectory, but I was hoping for less
| churn at this stage.
|
| As usual, most of the changes are to drivers (with arch updates a strong
| second). The DVB updates are the biggest chunk of that, but on the whole
| it's quite spread out. As mentioned, the diffs are smaller and there are
| more commits, and yes, most of the commits are really rather small and
| trivial fixes.
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/12/435

Related:

The State of the Linux Driver Address

,----[ Quote ]
| In general, though, Kroah-Hartman sees people’s perception of there not being
| enough Linux drivers as a myth.
`----

http://practical-tech.com/operating-system/linux/the-state-of-the-linux-driver-address/

A Vista vs. Linux Matchup