Re: [News] The Google and Linux Affair in Desktop PCs

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 04 March 2008 14:51 : \____
>
>> * Roy Schestowitz peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>>> FAA May Ditch Microsoft's Windows Vista And Office For Google And
>>> Linux Combo
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=197800480
>>
>> March 2007.  Any followup available?  I'd be surprised if "the FAA"
>> would ultimately feel comfortable using Google Apps.

Anybody that can sit there with a straight face and say Google Apps/Docs are
as good as MS Office belongs in cola "advocating" Linux.

> They had some problems (probably Windows or something) later on:

Yeah.  Probably.

> Major Flight Delays Caused By Glitch, Dense Fog
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>> AMR Corp.'s American Airlines spokesman Tim Wagner acknowledged the
>> computer troubles and said the nation's largest carrier experienced
>> about 50 cancellations on the East Coast, with LaGuardia departures
>> being hit the hardest.
> `----
>
> http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_159145243.html

Done (no page).  Is that because it's another year-old story you're
recycling because you're fresh out of lies for the day?

> If they moved to Linux, assuming it's not from Red Hat EL or Novell,
> you probably wouldn't even hear about it. Nobody knew just how much
> Fedora was using, until recently when someone took many photos there.

And we still don't know how much Fedora "was using".